Who we are
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling (FCCG) is committed to increasing public awareness about problem and compulsive gambling. The FCCG provides referral services and supports residents in need of assistance with a gambling addiction, as well as to professionals and others servicing this population. The organization is governed by a Board of Directors and is an affiliate member of the National Council on Problem Gambling.
The Florida Council on Compulsive Gambling, Inc. (FCCG) was established in 1988 as a gaming neutral 501(c)(3) educational and advocacy corporation that serves as the designated authority under state contract on gambling addiction. Its primary mission is to:
- Increase public awareness regarding the risks and consequences associated with gambling
- Provide assistance to problem gamblers, their families, and others adversely impacted
- Advocate for programs, services, funding, and other supports to address population-specific needs
The FCCG’s primary mission is to increase public awareness about gambling addiction and to furnish support to persons in need of assistance”.
Under contract with State government, the FCCG:
- Operates the State’s confidential 24-hour multilingual HelpLine (888-ADMIT-IT)
- Develops and conducts prevention, education, and outreach programs
- Designs and presents professional training opportunities
- Trains medical and other health care practitioners to assess and treat
- Offers resource development services
- Sponsors and conducts research
- Represents the public before government and other policymaking authorities
- Works with legal authorities and law enforcement on gambling-related cases
- Oversees a Speakers Bureau and a Peer Connect program
Thankfully, help is available and gambling addiction can be treated if recognized. If you need assistance, contact our 24 hour, confidential
Helpline 888-ADMIT-IT (888-236-4848) for resources and support.